Only real estate professionals who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
(NAR) can call themselves REALTORS®. All REALTORS® adhere to NAR’s strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. That’s why all real estate licensees are NOT the same.
Dedicated to serving America’s property owners at both local and national levels, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
, The Voice for Real Estate®, is the largest professional association at over 800,000 members strong. So, whether you’re buying or selling a home – it pays to work with a REALTOR®. Look for the REALTOR® logo when choosing your real estate agent.
The Mark of Expertise and Service
The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
has a variety of affiliates that provide designations acknowledging experience and expertise in various real estate sectors.
also offers designations and certification programs to its members, including the ABR® and GRI designations, and the e-PRO® certification program.
– Consumer demand for buyer representation has changed the relationship between buyers and real estate professionals. REBAC (Real Estate BUYER’S AGENT Council) awards the ABR® (Accredited Buyer Representative
) designation to REALTORS® who meet education and experience requirements to better prepare them to represent buyers.
– A REALTOR® with the Graduate REALTOR® Institute
(GRI) designation is trained in many areas, including legal and regulatory issues, professional standards, the sales process, and technology. A minimum of 90 hours of training is required to acheive the GRI designation.
– e-PRO® certification indicates that a REALTOR® has been trained on Internet business principles and the technologies required throughout the real estate transaction.
– Certified buyer Representative is designed to help all agents, whether representing sellers or buyers, understand buyer agency.
– A Certified Commercial Investment Member
is a recognized expert in the disciplines of commercial and investment real estate. A CCIM is an invaluable resource to the commercial real estate owner, investor, and user, and is among an elite corps of 7,500 professionals across North America who hold the CCIM designation – the “Ph.D.” of commercial real estate.
– The Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager
designation is recognized industry-wide as the measure of success in brokerage and real estate business manangement and is awarded to REALTORS® who have completed advanced educational and professional requirements.
– The Certified Residential Specialist
is the highest designation awarded to sales associates in the residentail sales field. CRS designation recognizes accomplishment in both experience and education. Currently, there are more than 34,000 active CRS designees